Saturday, March 08, 2008

Brotherhood in Islam


Before I left Indonesia, many thoughts played in my mind about being alone to be identified as a muslim here, in Sydney. But it turned into absolutely wrong perception when I arrived here and met others with the same faith as me. Finally, I found my previous community presented here without any doubt. Brothers and sisters from all around the world gathered and brought the same message, peaceful. Here and there I could find Islamic circumstance with halal food and identities which meant that someone was regarded as a Moslem, although I couldn’t deny that many Moslems acted like ordinary people with jahiliyah ( foolishness ) attributes on them.

When the first time I stepped my foot in Lekemba, a suburb in Sydney, I was surprised for the first sight, as if I’m back home or even in the other world of Islam. Islamic cultures were dominant there. Many shops were owned by Moslem, what a wonderful suburb ! Indonesian’s shop were presented too, with Minang Restaurant ( remind me of Pekanbaru ). I kept in my mind that I have to find accommodation there. But unfortunately, time was not by my side coz until this time I haven’t found it yet (I’ll tell you, readers ,where and how I live afterwards). Back to the community , finally I could continue my study about Islam in a small group, where I can share all my ideas even my burden as well. In another chances I attended many Islamic forum which were held by Iqro’ or Pengajian Usyd. what an interesting experience by joining Islamic community here. There’s a simple conclusion I get that I’m not alone !! This wide world is Allah’s world, where ever you go you’ll find people who serve Allah.


Big hugs for my 2 cute suns and beloved hubby : ummi isn’t alone !

From the heart of Sydney, March 8, 2008

No comments:

Kusemat cinta berbalut doa di kedalaman samudera hati orang - orang terkasih.......